[fprint] Proposition for supporting new device

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Nov 28 08:21:28 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-11-27 at 16:59 +0100, Matthieu Vieira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently bought an Acer Swift 3. There's a LighTuning Fingerprint
> reader but it doesn't work on Fedora 25 (and more on all
> distributions I tested).
> fprintd-enroll says that there is no device availables.
>
> lsusb give the following result :
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1c7a:0570 LighTuning Technology Inc.
>
> My version of libfprint and fprintd is 0.7.
>
> I don't have the knowledge to write a driver, however if I can help
> you by giving some USB log, and other files that could be helpful for
> you to support the driver, I will do it with pleasure. Just tell me
> what you need.

As mentioned in another thread:
"
As for all the other support, we'd need access to discrete hardware
(not built into a laptop, and not a loaner) and specifications.

Failing that, it will be mostly handled by volunteers who both have the
hardware and the patience to reverse-engineer the protocol used.
"

Cheers