[fprint] USB ID 04f3:0903 "Elan Microelectronics Corp."

Igor Filatov ia.filatov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 18:42:25 UTC 2017

> Maybe I can try tomorrow.

Got your traces. I'll reply here so that the info is available on the list.

Ok, your traces already show that 403f and read is "wait for finger"
which returns 55 when finger is on. Just like the other devices we
have. Interestingly, there seem to be no separate calibration
commands. But it does 1 read at init and one before capture so maybe
those are used for calibration somehow (assuming the device needs it
but I think it does). And in general the device is less chatty.

Images are in 2 blocks probably because it's vbox+win and linux is
doing async io on USB so the entire image isn't retrieved in 1 read.
So that shouldn't count towards differences.

It also looks like your 'open' trace contains start of finger capture
(for enrollment of verification). Maybe you could instead trace the
moment when the device is plugged in separately? Unplug device, start
trace, plug in, stop trace. Then the capture separately: unplug
device, plug in device, wait 5 sec, start trace, unlock with fp, stop
trace. That would give a bit more info.

If you feel like it you could try adding your device to id_table in
elan.c and see if it works (remember to tweak dimensions in elan.h as
well). Maybe some extra commands the driver sends will just be ignored
by the device... The ones that matter are the same.