[fprint] USB ID 04f3:0903 "Elan Microelectronics Corp."

Sébastien Béchet sebastien.bechet at osinix.com
Thu Nov 9 13:15:09 UTC 2017

Hello,

Le 2017-11-08 19:42, Igor Filatov a écrit :
> Maybe you could instead trace the
> moment when the device is plugged in separately? Unplug device, start
> trace, plug in, stop trace. Then the capture separately: unplug
> device, plug in device, wait 5 sec, start trace, unlock with fp, stop
> trace. That would give a bit more info.

I can't unplug the device.  Because device is integrated with the
trackpad.

See here :
https://dlcdnimgs.asus.com/websites/global/products/jlHvIhXRAPm1WpRr/V1/images/main/response.png

Nevertheless it seems to me you have in hand a complete USB exchange
from boot to shutdown. i have cut it in parts to simplify understanding.

> If you feel like it you could try adding your device to id_table in
> elan.c and see if it works (remember to tweak dimensions in elan.h as
> well). Maybe some extra commands the driver sends will just be ignored
> by the device... The ones that matter are the same.

I'm going to try.

Have a nice day.