[fprint] NBIS update WIP branch

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Aug 14 11:34:20 UTC 2018

Hey,

After merging Igor's Elan driver changes, I've been working on updating
the copy/paste NBIS software we use for fingerprint matching to version
5.0.0.

It compiles (or so the CI says) though with loads of warnings. It would
be great if somebody could test that this version is at least as
functional as our 2007 copy/paste version of this library. It might
also help with those small sensors though I could not find anything
directly mentioning this use case in the change logs.

The (work-in-progress) merge request if you want to comment:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libfprint/libfprint/merge_requests/12

I'll come back to fixing up the merge request next week, probably
writing a small doc on how to update NBIS, to make merging new version
of the library the easiest possible in the future.

Cheers