[fprint] Artefacts in images from fprint-demo

Josh Holland anowlcalledjosh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 19:14:16 UTC 2018

Hi,

I was trying out my fingerprint sensor (EgisTec ES603) with fprint-demo,
and I noticed that fairly often the image produced when verifying is twice
as tall as normal, and the bottom half contains only some long vertical
lines. Is this indicative of a problem with my particular fingerprint
sensor, or with fprint (and if so, is there anything I can do to help debug
it)? Is it likely to affect fingerprint recognition?

I'm using fprint from the Ubuntu Bionic repositories – apt reports that
fprintd is at version 0.8.0-2.

Thanks,
Josh