[fprint] elan patch + poc 0x903 and 0x0C03

Sébastien Béchet sebastien.bechet at osinix.com
Wed Jan 17 13:46:59 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have done more test and find a functionnal calibration method.

Strangely, the calibration return returns Mean_H and not the expected
status. I need to read the "FP Status" register for the calibration to
work in the next step.

Also, i added 0x04f3:0x01cA to the test list.

Hans, can you help us to find a recent list of ids?

All work now for me:

$ sudo ./elanfp
Device with vid 4f3 pid 903 found.
Config number is 1
CMD RESET sent
CMD Fuse Load sent
CMD VERSION sent
FP Bridge FW Version 1.53
CMD Get Image Size sent
width x height = 96x96
CMD Get Calibration Mean sent
calibration mean value: 33792 (0x8400)
CMD CALIBRATION sent
Calibration Status: 0x84
CMD STATUS sent
CMD Get Calibration Mean sent
calibration mean value: 256 (0x100)
CMD Wait For Finger sent
Received 0x55
CMD Get Image sent
Received 18432

If others confirm maybe Igor can modify the driver?