[fprint] elan patch + poc 0x903 and 0x0C03

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Jan 17 14:59:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 17-01-18 14:46, Sébastien Béchet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have done more test and find a functionnal calibration method.
>
> Strangely, the calibration return returns Mean_H and not the expected status. I need to read the "FP Status" register for the calibration to work in the next step.
>
> Also, i added 0x04f3:0x01cA to the test list.
>
> Hans, can you help us to find a recent list of ids?
>
> All work now for me:
>
> $ sudo ./elanfp
> Device with vid 4f3 pid 903 found.
> Config number is 1
> CMD RESET sent
> CMD Fuse Load sent
> CMD VERSION sent
> FP Bridge FW Version 1.53
> CMD Get Image Size sent
> width x height = 96x96
> CMD Get Calibration Mean sent
> calibration mean value: 33792 (0x8400)
> CMD CALIBRATION sent
> Calibration Status: 0x84

So for me, this is actually 0x03 and if I don't
add a break condition on this being 0x03 then
the code never leaves the calibration loop for me,
keep in minds that I asked Elan for docs for
*my* model fingerprint reader, although all these
are alike they are not 100% the same...

With that all said, good job! With this one small
change the program works for me.

Regards,

Hans

> CMD STATUS sent
> CMD Get Calibration Mean sent
> calibration mean value: 256 (0x100)
> CMD Wait For Finger sent
> Received 0x55
> CMD Get Image sent
> Received 18432
>

> If others confirm maybe Igor can modify the driver?
>
> On 2018-01-17 12:12, Igor Filatov wrote:
>> Looks like o1ca as well https://github.com/iafilatov/libfprint/pull/4
>> I wonder if we can get a list of ids if devices like these.

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> In attachment what I understood from the documentation.
>>>
>>> must work for
>>>
>>> 0x04f3,0x0903
>>> 0x04f3,0x0907
>>> 0x04f3,0x0C03