[fprint] elan patch + poc 0x903 and 0x0C03

TeEmZe timo at teemze.de
Wed Jan 17 18:13:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

I now logged the communication of the Windows driver in a VM on the Xiaomi Laptop with the fingerprint sensor 04F3:0C1A. It seems to use nearly the same commands as stated in the documentation Hans got. That means, I logged the process of enrolling a new fingerprint. Here it firstly send a 4031 (I don't know what that one does, as I couldn't find it in the commands doc Hans found), then a 403F (Pre-Scan), the device answered with 55 (object), then again the driver sent 4031, then 0009 (GET Image Data), to which the device probably answered with the image data. This repeated a few times and at the end the driver sent 000B (Stop).

I don't know, how valuable this information is for you. Igor told me about a week ago, that I should build the driver on my own, but now you all seem to be into the development of a driver which works for me too. Is it even logical anymore for me to develop one on my own? And if not, can I be helpful otherwise, maybe with testing?

I'd appreciate some response.

Regards,

Timo