[fprint] Documentation for writing a new driver

Igor Filatov ia.filatov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 18:43:59 UTC 2018

Hi Mark,

There are no high-level docs, unfortunately. There's some valuable info in
comments in drv.c, sync.c, async.c, img.c etc. but it only covers specific
parts, not how they should interact.

There are 6 drivers for press-type sensors: aes3500.c, aes4000.c,
fdu2000.c, upektc.c, uru4000.c, vcom5s.c. But there isn't much difference
between press and swipe drivers. FP_SCAN_TYPE_* is used to determine which
messages to show ("please touch the sensor" vs. "please swipe..."), and I
think that's it. Besides that, all drivers essentially do the same thing:
obtain the fingerprint image and submit it. You can use any driver as a
reference.