[fprint] fprintd single sign on limitation (Ubuntu 18.04)

Dave.Wang dave.wang at emc.com.tw
Tue Nov 13 07:40:03 UTC 2018

OS environment : Ubuntu 18.04

From: fprint [mailto:fprint-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of
Dave.Wang
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 2:51 PM
To: fprint at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: [fprint] fprintd single sign on limitation

Dear,

I did some experiments as below:

1.      I found that it is necessary to choose which account to login first
before identifying the corresponding finger.

2.      After I choose "account A", I can't identify the fingerprint which
is corresponding to "account B" into "account B"

We want to implement application of single sign on.

Is it possible to directly log in any account with its corresponding
fingerprint, rather than pick the account first and then identify the
finger?

Any help and suggestion will be really appreciate, thanks!

Best Regards,

Dave