[fprint] libfprint v2 and driver porting

Benjamin Berg benjamin at sipsolutions.net
Tue Nov 19 09:52:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

we are currently finalizing libfprint version 2 beta release. As there
may be some out-of-tree drivers, I'll attach the coccinelle/spatch
files I used for driver porting. This may be of interest to some people
and should help porting further drivers in the future.

Note that these semantic patches only do some of the main
transformations. These are incomplete in some regards, but do help a
lot with many of the more repetitive and error prone tasks.

To apply them, you will need coccinelle version 1.0.8 (or later). A few
scripts are provided to help applying them.

If you need to port a driver and are having issues, feel free to write.

Benjamin