[fprint] libfprint 1.90.0

Benjamin Berg benjamin at sipsolutions.net
Thu Nov 21 09:16:04 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have released libfprint version 1.90.0:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libfprint/libfprint/-/releases

This version breaks API and ABI to previous versions. The API is
intended to remain stable at this point, however, this will only be
guaranteed from 2.0 onwards.

930f530df369ff874d7971f0b7c7bdb7c81597e91af4668694b98fe30b4b3371 libfprint-1.90.0.tar.xz
a10642f524a3429f11b40ff231a35bdd1f3ff9d2e2e0b42d103a3a64bc9c9288 libfprint-V_1_90_0.tar.gz

Release notes:

This release updates the core of the library to use GLib routines and Gio
style APIs. While the API both for library users remain similar in most
ways, there are some changes and all users will need to be ported.

A large motivation for the in-depth changes was the requirement to add
new API to support sensors that store the prints on the sensor. This
support is already used by the new synaptics driver, which will support
the current generation of the Prometheus MIS (match-in-sensor) chipset
by Synaptics (USB ID 06cb:00bd).

The current codebase is considered stable at this point. However, due to
the lack of wider testing it is only released as a 1.90.0 release which
can be considered a beta-release for 2.0.

With the rewrite, it is now also possible to support devices that are not
connected through USB (e.g. I2C). Another major improvement is that the
library has now a test suite, testing both the library core and allowing
tests of the drivers using umockdev.