[Freedesktop-sdk] Supporting Qt and KDE in the Freedesktop SDK

Richard Dale richard.dale at codethink.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 11:46:39 UTC 2018

There are some outstanding merge requests and issue reports relating to
adding Qt and KDE BuildStream and Flatpak build support to the
Freedesktop SDK.

As we haven't reached a consensus yet on how best to do it, I thought I
should start a mailing list discussion.

LINKS
-----

Provide minimal qt with qmake buildsystem in public stacks:
https://gitlab.com/freedesktop-sdk/freedesktop-sdk/issues/453

Investigate adding Qt5:
https://gitlab.com/freedesktop-sdk/freedesktop-sdk/issues/356

qmake: Include qt-base
https://gitlab.com/freedesktop-sdk/freedesktop-sdk/merge_requests/647

Javier Jardon has submitted some fixes to allow KDE to be built with
flatpak-builder on top of the 18.08 SDK, which has now been merged:

WIP: Add CI to test KDE runtime on top of 18.08
https://gitlab.com/freedesktop-sdk/flatpak-kde-runtime/merge_requests/2/diffs#note_94247188

org.freedesktop.Platform.Icontheme.Adwaita.json: autoreconf so we can
compile against aclocal-1.16:
https://phabricator.kde.org/D14802

--
Richard Dale