[fdo] Re: TTS API

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 5 08:06:41 PST 2004

>>     GC> The W3C working group is supposedly working on a separate
>>     GC> document for these.
>>
>> Do you know any details?  Is some proposal available or do we have to
>> invent our own values for now?
>
> Sorry, no inside information.  I was parroting the SSML spec.  I guess
> we
> should contact the W3C voice working group.

As of yesterday, the working group is still working on the say-as
spec (my team represents Sun in the W3C voice working group).  I'm
not sure it's allowed for us to discuss the details of the working
group outside the working group, but I expect the say-as spec will
be ready for public viewing pretty soon.

Will

PS - I hope to be able to respond to the recent flurry of e-mail
      soon.  Great stuff and discussion going on here.