[fdo] autotools mime types?

Nikita Zlobin cook60020tmp at mail.ru
Fri Feb 15 10:14:52 UTC 2019

Hello folks.
I began project, using autotools as build system. There are 3 new file
types, that need special threating:
- autoconf: usually configure.ac, though i assume it could be any *.ac
  file;
- automake: usually makefile.am, though i'm sure is all 'makefile' part
  is mandatory or any *.am could be threated so (remembering, that mime
  type system relies to content patterns as well);
- m4 script: i have several *.m4 files in project dir, but autoconf is
  known to be derived from m4 file types with some overridements (e.g.
  [] instead of `');
(automake file type is in turn makefile derivation).

Closer to issue. I wanted to set autoconf/automake mime types
associations with emacs, which has probably the best highlighting
(recognizes them independently on system when opening, unlike mousepad,
which opens makefile.am as plan text file, despite of automake support
presence in gtksourceview types database).

Though my memory might fail, i have feeling, that other DE (kde) have
some more mime types support than gtk-based. I looked to xfce4 mime
editor, and there is only text/x-makefile types from all related.

My question - are there some other mime file type databases besides
of fdo shared-mime-types, containing extra types?

If there are better placed for this question, would be great to know it.