[Freedreno] tenderloin (HP TouchPad) kernel updates.

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 21:16:17 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM, William Castro <castrwilliam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, it's willcast. A *lot* has happened on the kernel side with
> tenderloin... this will be of great use if porting freedreno's DRM driver to
> it, or at least I hope.

oh, cool..  a 3.4 kernel would be really nice

We just need a2xx_gpu bits, and support for LCD panel.  I don't have
my touchpad handy to check at the moment, but iirc it was a
parallel/lcdc panel (rather than serial/dsi)?  Oh, and I suppose z180
bits, but we could start without this.

Now I just need more hours in the day, or to talk someone else into
helping out with the kernel bits ;-)

> tenderloin 3.4.75 kernel, working wi-fi, and bootable.
> Github user: invisiblek repo: android_kernel_hp_tenderloin branch: cm-11.0
> Github user: milaq repo: android_kernel_hp_tenderloin branch: cm-11.0_3.4
>
> tenderloin 3.0.101 kernel, a lot more working than earlier, not sure how
> much has changed
> Github user: milaq repo: android_kernel_hp_tenderloin branch: cm-11.0_3.0
>
> (I'm cloning as I type this.)

cool

BR,
-R