[Freedreno] updated prebuilts with binning + compiler optimize pass

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 09:51:27 PST 2014

http://people.freedesktop.org/~robclark/f20/20140108/

not really much (if anything) should have changed in kernel, I don't
think, but this time I posted also a non-debug kernel (...-nd.img)

The prebuilt userspace has a release (instead of debug) mesa build

Support for binning and compiler optimize pass are not enabled by
default.. enable via FD_MESA_DEBUG environment variable, ex:

 FD_MESA_DEBUG=binning,optimize supertuxkart -s 1280x720 --demo-mode 1

Let me know if you see things that work without binning but not with
binning.  If it doesn't break anything for anyone, then I'll switch it
to being enabled by default because it is a pretty healthy fps boost
for games.

The main change from before is mesa (although xf86-video-freedreno
build also includes the fix so you don't need the 'Option "fb"
"/dev/fb0"' in xorg .conf).  For those who want to build their own,
this is all pushed to 'compiler' branch:

  https://github.com/freedreno/mesa/commits/compiler

The binning and query parts I plan to push to mesa mainly soon (once I
have a chance to make a libdrm release).  The compiler optimize parts,
I'm still undecided on.

The last patch adds support for some interesting performance counters
for gallium HUD, ex:

  GALLIUM_HUD=cpu0+cpu1+cpu2+cpu3,fps+batches+batches-sysmem+batches-gmem+restores,draw-calls
FD_MESA_DEBUG=binning,optimize supertuxkart -s 1280x720 --demo-mode 1

(note that the performance HUD does have some performance impact due
to extra restore->render->resolve pass it introduces.  But still does
give some interesting performance visibility.)

To build you're own kernel, 'ifc6410-drm' branch is sufficient.  I
recommend that you check /proc/config.gz from my prebuilt kernel and
use that as a starting point for kernel config.

BR,
-R