[Freedreno] details about boot.img uploaded on github.

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 08:00:12 PST 2014

Hi Anup,

with the newer DT kernels, the bootloader expects a special DT section
in the boot img.  It isn't just a simple appended DT, but rather it is
a section with multiple DT files plus a header, and the boot loader
decides based on device-id which set of DT tables to use.  To build
the boot img for these, I use mkqcdtbootimg (as opposed to abootimg
which I use for pre-DT devices):

--------
kernel="../msm/arm/arch/arm/boot/zImage"
dtb="../msm/arm/arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-apq8074-dragonboard.dtb"
ramdisk="initramfs-3.4.0-g0f0fed7-00108-gf736ca1-dirty.img"

mkbootimg="../mkqcdtbootimg/mkqcdtbootimg"

$mkbootimg \
    --kernel $kernel \
    --ramdisk $ramdisk \
    --cmdline "`cat bootimg.cfg | grep cmdline | sed 's/^cmdline = //'`" \
    --base 0x00000000 \
    --pagesize 2048 \
    --ramdisk_offset 0x02000000 \
    --tags_offset 0x01e00000 \