[Freedreno] shader problem

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 10:20:46 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Manuel Sabban <manu at sabban.eu> wrote:
> On 14/08/2015 21:40, Rob Clark wrote:
>>
>> (If you do get a build of kodi w/ gl/glx instead of gles/egl, I
>> suspect it will work just fine.  Should be a better tested
>> configuration.)
>>

> Yes, it works. Thanks.

awesome, that is great news :-)

Someone probably should report a bug to the kodi folks, since it seems
like a pretty silly / easy-to-fix issue (missing eglMakeCurrent()
calls)

> I am now working of a functional debian package with your patch :
> default debian's  kodi assumes arm=gles and has weird build-dependencies...

yeah, it would be nice if stuff didn't automatically assume arm==gles,
since that leaves us with less well tested codepaths from various
upstream projects.  IIRC, the linaro folks already ran into a similar
issue at least once since ubuntu/debian gstreamer builds assumed
arm==gles (which enabled some broken gl-sink code paths)

BR,
-R