[Freedreno] [GSoC-15] Enabling Freedreno on Android

Varad Gautam varadgautam at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 08:27:11 PDT 2015

Hi Rob,

I'm gradually coming up to speed with the current state of things, and
have some more questions about adding Freedreno support to Android.

Since the qcom DRI patches are in, I will look for a suitable LCD to add
support for. As I understand, I would need to extend drm_gralloc [1] to
provide freedreno, similar to nouveau and radeon. I can use the
kernel-msm [2] tree with x86's mesa and drm to build android. Is ifc6410
the intended target?

I am confused by the presence of freedreno in kitkat-x86 [3] - can it
build with freedreno already? I am digging into Android's build system,
kernel and graphics stack and will come up with a set of TODOs soon.

[1] http://git.android-x86.org/?p=platform/hardware/drm_gralloc.git;a=tree
[2] https://github.com/freedreno/kernel-msm/tree/ifc6410-drm
[3]
http://git.android-x86.org/?p=platform/external/drm.git;a=tree;f=freedreno;h=46c7378baea9bdc2236e30674c5c4ebd1477bb1e;hb=kitkat-x86