[Freedreno] [GSoC-15] Enabling Freedreno on Android

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Wed Mar 18 15:35:53 PDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> The ifc6410, if you order it with android (instead of linaro/ubuntu
> build) seems to come with an AOSP build.  Not sure if it is "vanilla"
> AOSP or if it has some stuff from CAF?  I think they do have some docs
> which should cover how to make a build in their 'techweb' section,
> which you can get access to when you have a board.

the android builds that come with IFC6410 are based on CAF, not
strictly AOSP. the Inforce release notes give the repo manifest to
fetch all source code from the CAF repo, it should be possible to diff
with AOSP, to see how bad/good the diffstat looks like (but i am not
very optimistic here). The Inforce builds also have proprietary pieces
(the vendor/qcom/proprietary folder) and they are released in binary
form.

i think we can target to get graphics, video playback (and maybe
audio), WLAN and BT to work with an open source AOSP based build, but
it will start to be tricky for things like camera, GPS at least...