[Freedreno] Question regarding status on the Inforce 6540 SBC.

Cristian Pandele cp at zeuxion.com
Mon Oct 26 02:37:49 PDT 2015

Good day,

I am interested in purchasing the Inforce 6540 board, but I am a little
unsure on what the freedreno status is for the Adreno 420 GPU on the
Snapdragon 805 this board comes equipped with. I saw this interview
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_-VKM_hPbA>  from this March, in which the
Linaro team demoed HW-accelerated H264 decoding in the browser and Rob Clark
showed some Open GL results. Also, this (probably) follow-up article
<https://lwn.net/Articles/638908/>  and this presentation
<http://people.freedesktop.org/~robclark/freedreno-elc-2015.html>  say that
Adreno 4xx is already in Freedreno.  However, I am uncertain if more
general-puropse applications can benefit from GPU acceleration, not just
OpenGL apps. My main interest is in running ffmpeg/x264 with GPU
acceleration.

Does anybody have experience with this board and ffmpeg?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kindest regards,

Cristian Pandele