[Freedreno] One quick question about Freedreno on Android

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 09:31:22 PDT 2015

well, I guess you want to use freedreno driver with android on the n4?

We do have some preliminary support for android on the ifc6410 board
(similar apq8064 as n4, but hdmi display instead of dsi panel):
https://github.com/robclark/device_freedreno

That is still a bit of a work-in-progress, still some parts to get
merged into upstream mesa, etc.  But the bigger challenge is that on
ifc6410 we can use the upstream kernel (with the drm/msm driver which
freedreno userspace knows how to talk to).  There has been some effort
from John Stultz to get upstream kernel working on a 2nd gen n7, which
is similar to n4, but afaik no one has yet started a similar effort on
n4.  We did at least get patches for dsi support on apq8064 recently
(although not merged yet.. probably will be merged in 4.5 kernel)

BR,
-R