[Freedreno] Whether A200 driver is supported by Linux Mainline Kernel

Wladimir J. van der Laan laanwj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:34:58 UTC 2017

Hello abhijit,

> Now I am trying to run some 2D application from freedreno. I saw that these
> applications use libC2D2.
>
> I was able to get this library for UNIX, but I am not able to get libstlport
> for UNIX which is one of dependencies. I am concluding libC2D2 is specific
> to Andriod

You shouldn't need stlport for UNIX. As far as I remember it is a stand-alone
implementation of the C++ standard library. Both clang and GCC have their
own state-of-the-art C++ standard libraries readily available.

> I am planning to use MonkVG and run tiger application that comes with
> Khronos so that I can use 3D renderer for 2D.
>
> I am falling back to OPEN GL ES 2.0, as OPENVG implementation is
> discontinued in Mesa

I'm not sure what is the state of support for the 2D core, the Z160, in
freedreno. I personally will likely not have time to look at that.

Using the 3D hardware makes sense, however. For example the application I'm
working on is also mostly a 2D application, it is built with Qt Quick, which
uses OpenGL ES 2 as rendering backend.

Regards,
Wladimir