[Freedreno] Whether A200 driver is supported by Linux Mainline Kernel

Wladimir laanwj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 11:29:01 UTC 2017

> I guess that it is failing to find the old kgsl shim drm driver, which
> enabled allocation of GEM buffers for pixmaps.  I know Wladimir played
> a bit with this on imx5, but I think he was just using gbm/kms and not
> x11.  I guess he was using imx-drm for GEM buffer allocation?

Yes, for the a20x stuff I use the old GSL kernel driver
(forward-ported to 4.12, see
https://github.com/laanwj/linux-freedreno-a2xx).
This creates a /dev/gsl_kmod, which has an interface different from
the "newer" kgsl.

And a mesa and libdrm that is patched to use this:

https://github.com/laanwj/mesa-freedreno-a2xx
https://github.com/laanwj/libdrm-freedreno-a20x

This fork of mesa doesn't support X11, only kms/gbm-based rendering.
All of this is very experimental.

Regards,
Wladimir