[Fribidi-discuss] memory allocation problems

Tomas Frydrych tomas at frydrych.uklinux.net
Tue Nov 27 13:17:08 EST 2001

Hi there,
> It seems that you are using fribidi-0.9.0, it has lots of bugs and
> memory faults, that all are fixed already, please use the latest
> fribidi from CVS, available at:

> fribidi will be released in a few weeks, the new version does not
> depend on glib, and is quite standalone.

I have just checked out the CVS version, and it does not compile.
Also, it still depends on glib; the only difference in this respect is
that the glib memory management functions are now also available
in fribidi_mini_glib. This leaves me exactly where I was earlier
today -- I cannot compile with the mini-glib because the typedef's
with names like gchar found in fribidi_mini_glib.h and the g_
functions clash with the typedefs in regular glib.h. And I cannot
compile with regular glib, because the g_mem_chunk allocation
clashes with the standard malloc allocation. And so I have to hack
the whole thing.

I am also not too thrilled seeing that FriBidiCharType is now
defined using #define rather than enum, but I assume there must
have been reasons for that.

Also, could I ask again that an extra value is added
FriBidiCharType that an application could use to indicate that a
variable has not been properly initialised? In the AbiWord fork I call
it FRIBIDI_TYPE_UNSET, but any other name will do. Without it I
will have to continue forking fribidi.

Thanks for help

Tomas