[Fribidi-discuss] DLL of fribidi? (for TCL)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at technion.ac.il
Wed Jun 5 05:37:06 EST 2002

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Daniel Lavi wrote:

> I would like to use Fribidi as an extension in TCL/TK (under
> Windows to start with) so need to compile it as a DLL - either a
> regular DLL or with MKTCLAPP (which will make a DLL directly
> appropriate for TCL)

FWIW, this is the default under unix (fribidi dynamically-linked)

> I have tried calling the exe version as an external program but it's
> too slow for repeated calling so need a loadable module.

The exe version is not the library. It is a program that uses the library
(and exposes some of its functionality).

> I have no experience with compiling DLLs - so has anyone done this
> already or would anyone be willing to help me get this to work?

I recall having problems trying to build it under cygwin. IIRC it was
something that was trivial to patch, and maybe I wrote the list about it.
I don't remember exactly how to make cygwin's gcc compile it so it won't
depend on cygwin.dll .

Maybe also ask the people who do gtk/w32 . IIRC they also build with
cygwin.

--
Tzafrir Cohen                        /"\
mailto:tzafrir at technion.ac.il        \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign