[Fribidi-discuss] CVS brakes binary compatibility?

Beni Cherniavsky cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Thu Jun 5 06:10:13 EST 2003

After fixing some bugs the other week I happily made ``make install``
from my fixed cvs tree and later discovered that bidiv, geresh and
others segfault.  The reason seems to be the new FriBidiEnv arguments.
They are a right thing but create a problem for old programs.  I think
it'd be very useful to allow installation of old and new fribidis
alongside.  I'm pretty ignorant in linking matters so I don't know
what is needed for that (bump the major version?).

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at users.sf.net>