[Fribidi-discuss] Bug in wrapping in command-line fribidi?

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Sun Mar 23 12:28:18 EST 2003

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003, Beni Cherniavsky wrote about "[Fribidi-discuss] Bug in wrapping in command-line fribidi?":
> The --ltr / --rtl are needed to force the base direction of the whole
> paragraph to be the same, otherwise different parts of the same line
> would be auto-detected with different directions.
>
> A quick look at the source seems to confirm that wrapping is done on
> the visual result.  The fix would be a bit involved.  In particular,

The "bidiv" utility I wrote (which is basically a small C utility using
the fribidi library) does both of the things you wanted: it correctly
folds lines, and it determines the main direction by paragraph (but you
also have an option to do it by logical line). It also has a few other
features that you might like when viewing Hebrew (or Hebrew/English)
text, like right justification and automatic ISO-8859-8 / UTF-8 recognition.

You can find bidiv in:
http://ftp.ivrix.org.il/pub/ivrix/src/cmdline/

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Sunday, Mar 23 2003, 20 Adar II 5763