[Fribidi-discuss] Bug in wrapping in command-line fribidi?

Beni Cherniavsky cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Sun Mar 23 16:20:26 EST 2003

Behdad Esfahbod wrote on 2003-03-24:

> Hi Beni,
>
> Fribidi's command line tool is just a simple test tool.  I must
> confess that I never expected anyone discover my laziness in
> breaking lines before reordering!  The fact is that the fribidi
> api currently does not support line breaking in the right place,
> so I break lines after reordering, while Nadav breaks lines
> before the whole bidi algorithm, which means override marks (LRO,
> RLO, ...) will work on lines, not paragraphs.  The whole thing
> will be fixed in the upcoming fribidi release.

I see.  Is there currently any sensible way to get the best of both
worlds (short of tracking the embedding marks status and stuffing the
active ones at the begining of every line)?  I think that recovering
the line breaks from the logical-visual mapping could work but the
following lines might need to be collected from non-adjastent
places...

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at tx.technion.ac.il>,
whose 12x CD burner works at 24x with cdrecord in linux - sheer magic!