[FriBidi] what encoding? Where are the docs?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Sep 19 13:11:33 PDT 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Thurn, Martin wrote:

> Hello,
>   I'm looking forward to using fribidi, via the FriBidi perl module.  I
> can not find any documentation that tells what encoding the input data
> is supposed to be.   I think I'm sending UTF-8, but it's not working (I
> get the same text back out).
>   The only API documentation I can find is the README, which describes
> only ONE function (fribidi_log2vis) and it doesn't tell what the
> encoding is supposed to be.
>   Thank you for your time.
>  - - Martin

Hi Martin,

I don't know that much Perl, and I've never looked into the
FriBidi Perl module.  Dov may be able to provide more
information.   As for the library itself, it works on UTF32 (aka
UCS4) Unicode strings, which are an array of 32-bit character
codes.  FriBidi also ships with a set of character set conversion
routines to and from this representation.

--behdad
http://behdad.org/