[FriBidi] character joining and shaping

Sencer Sultanoglu sencer.sultanoglu at eliar.com.tr
Mon Jun 22 09:07:47 PDT 2009

Hi,
I've compiled fribidi 0.10.9 on Fedora 9. I read in the list that it supports character joining and shaping, I use utf-8, and see joined characters using printf on the console. But my application cannot display joined characters. I downloaded font ( bdavat ) from :

http://www.bornaray.com/en_downloads.asp?fn=per_downloads&rfn=en_downloads

and I converted it to bdf format in order to use in my application. ttf to bdf conversion seems to be correct, for example : 0x0621 - 0x064A and 0xFE81 - 0xFEFC contains Arabic characters.

I've also attached samples from the application.

What might be the problem?

Thank you,

Sencer