[FriBidi] character joining and shaping

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 09:38:06 PDT 2009

This is not really answering your question, but I believe that shaping is
too difficult to do without a good engine, and even though fribidi can take
care of the character order and the glyph substitution, there is much more
than that to get good looking output, as well as selections, cursor hit
detection, etc. And that's what you get when you use a good layout engine
like Pango with or without Gtk or Qt. Unless you have some old application
that you want to translate, you should move to a modern engine.

Just my ¢2...

Dov