[FriBidi] multiline fribidi

Cosmin Apreutesei cosmin.apreutesei at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 06:18:53 PDT 2013

Hi,

I want to use fribidi to enable bidi support in my app. I have some
questions, and probably some confused assumptions so please bear with
me.

I checked out the projects listed on the fribidi webpage and they all
use log2vis() which assumes single line paragraphs. Are there known
projects that use the fribidi API with multi-line paragraphs?

It seems that pango only uses fribidi to get embedding levels. I was
surprised that pango doesn't use/need the bidi algorithm from fribidi
- how does pango do bidi then?

Behdad said[1] that fribidi_join_arabic() is optional. Why is that?

I appreciate any clarification you could give me.

Cosmin.

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fribidi/2005-September/000439.html