[FriBidi] multiline fribidi

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 06:29:19 PDT 2013

The bidi algorithm assumes that that line breaking is done *before*
reordering. You need to carry the over the paragraph bidirectional
direction from line to line, but that is done after the lines have been
broken into paragraphs.

Regarding embedding levels, I pango does the reordering on its own. In
addition to the characters themself, pango needs to swap around the various
character attributes, which the log2vis function won't do for it.

And finally I assume that Behdad said that arabic joining is optional as
not all RTL languages are arabic and thus do not need joining. Another
explanation might be that there is a higher level, like pango, that does
the joining, so there is no need for fribid to do it.

Regards,
Dov