[FriBidi] fribidi and meson

John Emmas john at creativepost.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 10:48:32 UTC 2018

Until a few days ago I'd been building a library called 'pango' (which
used its own miniature version of fribidi).  However, the miniature
version's been dropped very recently so I downloaded fribidi from git.
I soon noticed that there are no MSVC projects but that it can be built
with Meson (which apparently does generate MSVC project files).  I've
never used Meson before so I had to install that as well... :-(

After reading the Meson "quick start" guide I issued this from a command
line:-

       meson builddir && cd builddir

It did produce a "builddir" subdirectory but the directory seems to be
mostly empty.  It's built something called 'sanitycheck.exe' but I'm not
seeing an MSVC library, nor any project files for building one.  This is
my first attempt at Meson so I'm probably doing something stupid.  Do I
need to use a different command?  Many thanks,

John