[FriBidi] fribidi and meson

John Emmas john at creativepost.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 07:43:22 UTC 2018

On 11/03/2018 10:21, John Emmas wrote:

> Yes, the ones with glib dependencies are weird ('BidiTest.exe' and
> 'BidiCharacterTest.exe').  The 32-bit versions get built okay with
> VS2005 - but [...] for the 64-bit versions (with VS2015) the files
> "BidiTest.txt" and "BidiCharacterTest.txt" do get generated - but the
> corresponding exe's don't get built at all...

Something occurred to me this morning...

AFAIK those particular exe's are the only two which require Glib. My
copy of VS2015 is running on a different machine from VS2005.

So is it possible that for the VS2015 build, the Glib dependency simply
isn't getting found (and that's why those two particular exe's get skipped?)

If so, how does Glib get detected?  Does meson try to locate the Glib
libraries?  Or the header files maybe?  Or both?

(or do I need to be asking this question on a Meson forum..?)

John