[FriBidi] fribidi and meson

John Emmas john at creativepost.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 11:54:51 UTC 2018

On 11/03/2018 10:21, John Emmas wrote:

> Yes, the ones with glib dependencies are weird ('BidiTest.exe' and
> 'BidiCharacterTest.exe').  The 32-bit versions get built okay with
> VS2005 - but strangely, the Release builds try to link to Microsoft's
> Debug libraries and they then fail to run.

Okay, I got a bit further with this and discovered 2 things...

1) AFAICT I do need to specify "--buildtype debug" or "--buildtype
release" for each build.  If I leave that instruction out, the generated
manifest seems to link arbitrarily to either the MS DebugCRT or the
ReleaseCRT (maybe it just repeats the previous setting?)

2) For 'BidiTest.exe' and 'BidiCharacterTest.exe" the built exe's won't
run unless I use Microsoft's "mt" application to embed those manifests.
To be honest, that doesn't surprise me.  What does surprise me is that
the other built executables DO run - even without a manifest embedded!!

Anyway... having taken the above steps I can now run both my Debug
builds of 'BidiTest.exe' and 'BidiCharacterTest.exe" and also their
Release builds and in each case, both programs show me this output:-

       No errors found! :-)

(and in all cases, that's building with VS2005).  I still can't make
those particular exe's build with VS2015... :-(

John