[FriBidi] fribidi and meson

John Emmas john at creativepost.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 11:26:35 UTC 2018

On 12/03/2018 11:03, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> They are probably hanging waiting for input from stdin. Type "abc" and
> Ctrl-z and see if they exit..

Yes, you're right.  If I type some input and hit <return> they both show
me some output (i.e. they haven't hung!!)

> Again, if you do `ninja -C build_dir test` does it complete without
> errors? Under both VS2005 and VS2015? If so, I'll ignore the VS2013
> error I saw a few days ago

I think so.  It seems quite hard to force a build if everything's
currently up-to-date.  However, I don't remember seeing any errors.

Also, I haven't had time yet to try using meson to create a VC project
(but apart from that, it all seems fine).

One thing though... in 'lib/common.h' I needed to comment out these 2
lines:-

line 75:
       // Commented out by me # include <strings.h>

line 114:
       // Commented out by me #  error "No stringize operator available?"

I haven't quite figured out why they need to get commented out.

John