[Galago-devel] Libsoylent API

Ikke eikke at eikke.com
Mon Jun 20 13:19:19 EEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 12:55 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> On 6/20/05, Ikke <eikke at eikke.com> wrote:
> > If we'd go for GObjects (would we? IMHO its a great system) we're almost
> > forced to use -get/-set, and creating bindings to Python, Mono and maybe
> > other platforms/languages I'm not familiar with should be very easy.
>
> For the above reasons, I'd raise my hand if voted on GObjects.
>
> Plus with the dbus-glib bindings you could export the objects ~unchanged ;)
Using DBUS implies we'd be using a daemon (or at least a service that can be activated).
The question is: do we want a daemon? This has been discussed on IRC
several time already, and IIRC there was some sort of agreement the
answer on this question is "no".

Anyway, regardless of this, I should look into the new dbus-glib stuff
ross and others did. If only Gentoo would switch to Dbus 3.x :(

Regards,

Ikke