[Galago-devel] Galago on OS X

Colin Barrett timber at lava.net
Mon Jun 20 14:17:58 EEST 2005

I'd like to get the ball rolling here on getting Galago ready for
deployment OS X. Right now, my main concern is D-Bus, and the fact
that the installation of it is not very Mac-like at all.
Investigating a .pkg for it might be useful. Bindings for Objective-C
would be useful as well.

Perhaps it should just wait until Galago is more IPC independent,
when/if that happens, and use the native Distributed Objects
framework to do things.

Anyone have any comments? I talked to Chip about this and he
mentioned that others have gotten D-Bus working on OS X. Any of you
want to chime in? Feel free to shut me down about D-Bus not being
easy to install, unveil your port of libgalago to OS 9, etc. ;-)

- Colin