[Galago-devel] Galago on OS X

Christian Hammond chipx86 at gnupdate.org
Tue Jun 21 06:47:56 EEST 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 01:17:58AM -1000, Colin Barrett wrote:
> I'd like to get the ball rolling here on getting Galago ready for
> deployment OS X. Right now, my main concern is D-Bus, and the fact
> that the installation of it is not very Mac-like at all.
> Investigating a .pkg for it might be useful. Bindings for Objective-C
> would be useful as well.
>
> Perhaps it should just wait until Galago is more IPC independent,
> when/if that happens, and use the native Distributed Objects
> framework to do things.

This is a goal, but not an immediate one, because there is just so
much that has to be done. It should definitely be possible to make
D-BUS work on OS X, and I know I've heard of people doing it. Perhaps
a post to the dbus listserv is in order. Colin, would you be up to
contacting them?

> Anyone have any comments? I talked to Chip about this and he
> mentioned that others have gotten D-Bus working on OS X. Any of you
> want to chime in? Feel free to shut me down about D-Bus not being
> easy to install, unveil your port of libgalago to OS 9, etc. ;-)

Haha, OS 9. Not sure how much I'd want to support that, but okay :)

We definitely need to figure out the story for OS X and eventually
Windows ports.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 at gnupdate.org      <>  http://www.galago.info/