[Games] Invitation to a cross-distro games packaging/patching/maintaining mailing list

Thu Nov 27 12:46:51 PST 2008

Sorry, your mail got stuck in a mass of bounces; just saw it.

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 00:11, Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru> wrote:

> There sure may be some useful patches in FreeBSD ports collection
> which other os/distros can benefit from and vice versa. Also there
> are some games not yet available in Debian (which I also use,
> althrought not as closely as FreeBSD)/other repositories, and FreeBSD
> ports could be used as a base or just a collection if hints for
> packaging. And vice versa as well, of course.

Great!
Can you start by listing the games you have in FreeBSD which are not
in Debian? Perhaps with a short overview of what patches you have,
work that needs to be done, etc. I am willing to bet others will want to
package it or have a patch or two of their own.

You can be the first person to actually put some beef onto the list.
Go for it! :)

> Mailing to ports@ could be useful too.

Did that, too. Thanks :)

Richard