Packaging games from Parallel Realities in GNU/Linux distributions

Guus Sliepen guus at debian.org
Sat Sep 12 12:06:36 PDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 06:16:41PM +0100, Stephen Sweeney wrote:

> Textures I didn't make,
>
> arctic, common, desert, grasslands, liquid, mech, radiant, ruins, tools,
> tunnels, virtual

Ok, those contain natural looking textures. For replacements, I see two options:

- Repaint them in the Gimp or another image editor, and make it cartoonish.
  Pros: easier, might compress better for better OpenGL performance.
  Cons: makes the game more cartoonish.

- Collect free, similar textures from peoples photo collections or free
  resources on the Internet.
  Pros: looks better.
  Cons: harder to do I think.

I'll try to see what I can do, and send you replacements if I have them.

> And, within textures/game, the following files
>
> c4.png, day.jpg, day2.jpg, dusk2.jpg, glassImpact01.png, iceBlock.png
> map.png, sentryGun1.jpg, spiderBlob.png, sunset.png, teekaWeapon.png,
> keyCard.png (might be from Gimp, though)

Hm, keyCard.png looks remarkably the same as the background of the title screen
of Blobwars!

      Guus Sliepen <guus at debian.org>