Wifi positioning backends

Stephen Wing stephen at wintoncourt.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 01:54:03 PDT 2007

Santtu Lakkala wrote:
> And of course there's gammu (and libgammu) that can be used to read the
> cell id from the phone (via bluetooth, irda and serial). I once did a
> libgammu test program that did just that, but I no longer have the
> smallest idea where it is. This should be doable on maemo platform at
> least, although I have not yet figured out how to couple the maemo
> bluetooth devices and libgammu usage.

Ah, now this brings us back to the original concern with mobile phone
positioning - not being able to get the cell id out of the phone via
bluetooth.  Given this does seem possible, we just need to work out
which MPS system has the most open API for a proof of concept.

Of course, I say "we", although as a non-developer (certainly not of the
calibre of others here), I'm not sure how much I can help....

Steve