Geofencing

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at iol.pt
Thu Jul 26 08:31:13 PDT 2007

Hello all.

I'm interested in Geoclue's capabilities because I'm trying to design a geo-fencing-aware Reminder App for OpenMoko.

I've browsed the wiki and the code lightly, but I can't find which of your features exactly represent my requirements.

You've got a daemon to translate gpsd into dbus, and this is great. But now I need a little more.

You list:
# Positioning
# Routing
# Geocoding
# Map
# Track Logs
Which one of these would fall into the category of geo-fencing? I mean, do you have anything in your plan or code that includes defining a region through a set of coordinates (point plus radius | two-point rectangle | polygon) and launch events upon entering/leaving the region?

If so, please point me to it.

Thank you!

Vasco.

Happy Hacking!