position accuracy

Jussi Kukkonen jhkukkon at cc.hut.fi
Fri Jul 27 09:50:06 PDT 2007

I've added a basic civic_location method to the position API, will
commit today or during weekend (after a bit more testing).

I'll probably work on tuning that next week, but I'd also like a to add
position accuracy to the API, something that'll give the applications
some idea how to use and present the coordinates. I'm thinking int in
meters would be fine (gpsd even has that available: "Horizontal position
uncertainty", althoough I've yet to check if it actually is valid). For
other backends we'll just have to pull a number out of thin air -- e.g.
20000m for hostip.

Any opinions on whether it should be an argument in current_position or
a method of it's own?

-jussi