No network lib?

Pierre-Luc Beaudoin pierre-luc at pierlux.com
Fri Dec 12 13:56:43 PST 2008

Hi!

I'd like to share my experience debugging an issue I had with geoclue.

No matter what I tried, no providers were working, only manual.  So I
dug into the code to find out that the providers (such as Hostip) were
unavailable.

I dug a little further to find out that the net_status was not set
because I didn't have libnm*-dev! Therefore all network based providers
were discarded.

Now it works fine :D

I just have lost a good 3 hours looking for why lol

I think that by default net_status should be set so that the providers
are not discarded if no network library is used.

Pierre-Luc