No network lib?

Jussi Kukkonen jku at linux.intel.com
Tue Dec 16 09:58:11 PST 2008

Pierre-Luc Beaudoin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to share my experience debugging an issue I had with geoclue.
>
> No matter what I tried, no providers were working, only manual.  So I
> dug into the code to find out that the providers (such as Hostip) were
> unavailable.
>
> I dug a little further to find out that the net_status was not set
> because I didn't have libnm*-dev! Therefore all network based providers
> were discarded.

geoclue_master_client_set_requirements() has a parameter
"require_updates". Setting that to FALSE should make the master client
use network based providers even without networkmanager or conic (there
won't be "changed" signals of course), but now that I test it doesn't
seem to work. I'll look into it and let you know.