gsm positioning

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Tue Mar 11 23:22:45 PDT 2008

Jussi Kukkonen <jku at ...> writes:

> By the way, here's the Quote of The Day from Planet Openmoko: Zecke
> talks about what they are planning:
>   "This application is combining GPS, GeoClue, Jabber, your Journal with
>    each other and providing a bling-bling interface using EFL. When
>    walking around in a foreign city you can see where you friends are,
>    were, where they haven taken their cool pictures that you have seen
>    on flickr, get routing with OpenStreetmap to find your way, see
>    people with the same interests as you, take a city tour people like
>    you have enjoyed, let your Freerunner guide you through the city, go
>    sight-seeing or just chat with your relatives back home (and
>    certainly be able to control your privacy). I hope we will have some
>    more videos up in the next couple of weeks."
> http://zecke.blogspot.com/2008/03/qtwebkit-illume-and-diversity.html
>
> A bit of hype, I suppose (e.g. openstreetmap routing sounds like a pipe
> dream at moment), but interesting...

Hey,
thanks for leaving a comment in the blog. Yes, it is certainly a bit of hype and
some of the goals are far reached. On the other hand some of us spent some
amount of time thinking about the usecases and sat down and wrote code (not me
though) and the code was moved to the public and we will continue to develop it
there. So understand the blog as my excitment on GeoClue and Diversity and what
you can do with it.

kind regards

z.